· Network Engineer
· LINX Network Operations Manager
· Post holder will be based in LINX London office but occasional travel to LINX Peterborough office will be required
· Part of rota for 2nd line support issues during UK business hours and handing back to the oncall when leaving the office.
· Provide back-up to Service Delivery teams, covering for their absence and assisting during periods of extra workload
· Assist in providing coverage for NOC Engineers when needed.
· The successful delivery of assigned project work based on Jira tasks and keeping assigned Jira tasks updated
· Work in an Agile environment and attend and participate in weekly stand ups and iteration planning meetings
· Work with colleagues to implement software and hardware upgrades, usually focusing on improvements to the LINX infrastructure.
· Performing day-to-day network maintenance and fixes.
· Monitoring relevant ticket queues and email role accounts and responding in a timely and appropriate manner
· Discussion of technical issues with LINX members on the telephone and via email
· Hands-on network engineering, including overnight maintenance work
· Awareness of and working to budgets
· Ensure that all relevant documentation regarding LINX LANs and member connections is kept up to date, e.g., Cablesolve, CRM, etc..
· Any other duties required for the overall operation of LINX
· Proven experience in a network/ISP environment
· Good problem solving skills
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Excellent team working skills
· A good eye for detail and a desire to complete work to a high standard
· Ability to “self-start”: to observe that work needs doing and perform it without being prompted or instructed, while remaining within your area of responsibility
· Good understanding and experience of Ethernet/Layer 2 switched Networks
· Good knowledge of IP routing protocols
· Juniper experience an advantage
· Should be able to pass LAIT 3 within a reasonable period
- This post will be included in an on-call rota
- You are required to be able to access the Docklands area within one hour
- You will be required to be security screened to BS7858:1996 standard and CRB checked (this will start at your induction)
- You are required to have the right to live and work in the UK
LINX is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered.
The salary for this position will be determined by experience however LINX offers a full range of employee benefits including:
- Medical and Dental
- Income Protection
- Death in Service
- Bonus (the Company aims to pay a bonus dependant on both the performance of the Company and the Employee however this is not guaranteed)
Closing date for applications:
31st January 2018 (unless the position is filled sooner)Back to vacancy listing