Systems Reliability Engineer
Position: Systems Reliability Engineer
Salary and package:
- Opportunity to participate in the company’s performance-related discretionary bonus scheme
- 10% non-contributory defined-contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare and excellent benefits
Summary of the role:
- The technology involved currently includes a small stock of on prem Windows servers with a deployment of about 150 Linux servers; however, the focus will be ensuring our new Office365 tenant reaches it’s potential and assisting in the transition from legacy infrastructure and unsupported tools to a more secure, resilient infrastructure.
- There will be on call rotation following probationary period and induction.
- We are looking for someone with extensive Office365 and Azure experience to spearhead our transition and assist in understanding the benefits between maintaining servers in data centres versus cloud-hosted solutions.
- LINX is in an exciting and challenging position with containerisation and cloud compute on the immediate horizon, for which cloud experience will be highly desired.
The main areas of work and responsibilities are:
- Portal administration; problem triage and troubleshooting
- Managing hardware issues; handling software updates and patching
- Authoring reviewing, updating and correcting documentation; and peer-review of Pull Requests.
- In addition, there are numerous projects to improve our environment in the areas of resiliency, security, monitoring and automation
Skills and experience:
- Expert knowledge and experience with Office 365 Enterprise E5 environment: Administration, Best Practice, InTune, Exchange Online Protection, etc…
- Expert knowledge in deploying and managing cloud hosted virtual environments – Microsoft Azure, primarily; however, experience with other services AWS and GCP would be extremely beneficial.
- Scripting experience as follows: PowerShell (Required), Bash, Python and PHP (desired).
- VMWare vSphere 6.5 experience necessary (VCP certification desirable but not required).
- Solid ability to expertly administer/troubleshoot and creatively manage Windows Server 2016, Ubuntu Linux and other flavours of Linux.
- Experience of automated configuration management tools (Ansible) and Infrastructure as Code/DevOps practices.
- Concise and coherent communication in English is important.
- Familiarity with Apple MacOSx or LINUX
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a numerical discipline or equivalent experience necessary.
- 4+ years’ production experience in a Microsoft/Linux environment focused on server-based solutions/products.
- Experience with CI/CD and Build Tools such as Jenkins a major advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, organization and self-management. Being able to work without much supervision is a must.
- Flexibility to perform occasional out of hours work and willingness to take on-call responsibilities.
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP networking and DNS, including but not limited to: IP addressing, static/dynamic routing, firewalls, ACLs, ASDM.
- Experience deploying and orchestrating containers in production environments (Docker/Rancher/Kubernetes) a plus.
- You will be required to be security screened to BS7858:1996 standard (this process will start at the induction stage)
- You are required to have the right to live and work in the UK
- You must be willing to travel overseas occasionally
LINX is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered.
The salary for this position will be determined by experience however LINX offers a full range of employee benefits including:
- Medical and Dental
- Income Protection
- Death in Service
- Bonus (the Company aims to pay a bonus dependant on both the performance of the Company and the Employee however this is not guaranteed)
Closing date for applications: 10th December 2018