This award scheme is designed to address that, in two ways:
- It will allow LINX members to nominate individuals who have made a contribution; and that in itself will afford public recognition of the contribution made;
- It will enable one individual to be recognised as having made a particularly significant contribution – in the form of a small plaque presented at a LINX member meeting.
Period of the Award
The award will be presented from time to time, but no more frequently than annually.
Individuals being recognised must have made their contribution whilst working for a LINX member, although it is possible for this recognition to be afforded after the individual under nomination has left the member.
The award will be given to the individual who, in the opinion of the judging panel, has made the greatest or most notable contribution to the affairs of LINX.
Any LINX member may nominate an individual, subject to the eligibility criteria. The LINX CEO will call for nominations in the autumn of each year.
The judging panel shall be appointed by the Chairman of LINX, and is expected to comprise one representative of the LINX Council, one representative of LINX management and one representative of LINX members - who is neither nominated for award nor currently serving on the LINX Board. The decision of the judging panel shall be final.
- It is expected that all nominees will be given appropriate accolade and recognition, and that both this and the presentation of the award will be done at a LINX member conference.
- It is not expected that the award will include any kind of monetary prize, and that an appropriate form of plaque to recognise the contribution – together with public presentation – is the appropriate mechanism.
- The first award was presented at LINX55 (in 2006).