To meet with representatives of Government, Police and other bodies to discuss regulation of content on the Internet and to provide appropriate representation to ensure that resulting policies and actions are realistic and reasonable for LINX members.
- Choose representative[s] for the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) as appropriate.
- Oversee IWF activities and funding.
- To maintain a mailing list for LINX members to discuss content regulation.
- Produce Best Current Practice (BCP) documents for LINX members.
- Co-opt non-members, should the need arise.
- Collate information on all areas of content regulation worldwide to assist in deciding direction of ISPs, and keep LINX members informed of events that may directly affect the way they carry on their business.
- Prepare advice on how to deal with media pressure on related issues.
European Internet Exchanges Regulatory Awareness
To facilitate the exchange of relevent regulatory information between Internet exchanges across Europe, including LINX.
- To meet with representatives of European government bodies, and others who make and influence public policy and their members on a Europe-wide basis;
- To provide information on new developments in public policy and regulation affecting European Internet exchanges and their members to Euro-IX as well as LINX;
Limitations on scope:
- The scope of this activity is limited to policy that applies across Europe through the institutions of the European Union or other multi-national institutions; policy at a purely national level is not within scope.