There are two different ways a data centre could become a LINX PoP; a Transmission PoP and also as a Branded PoP.
A Transmission PoP is based at a neutral data centre operating within a defined range but packets are not switched there but sent to a switching PoP instead.
- Onsite ODF
- Optical transport layer to the identified LINX LANs
- Transport paid on a sliding scale based on the members present but caveats present to manage existing port revenues
The basic vPoP solution is a neutral data centre but with no defined range. The data centre has full responsibility over the member connection but there is no resiliency available
- Connectivity to a full LINX PoP via an authorised third party LINX Partner
- No space or power requirements
- Commitment to marketing activity and anticipated performance levels