The Membership Fee
All members pay a single membership fee. LINX Membership enables peering connections to multiple peering LANs operated by LINX.
The UK fee is payable at £300 per quarter in advance or monthly in arrears if you have a UK bank account (direct debit) or Euro bank account (standing order).
For those US based members joining our NoVA LAN only, a membership fee of US$500 per quarter applies.
|2017 Membership fee|
Public Peering Ports
The basic service taken by our members are the ports to connect to our switches. This allows each member to publicly peer with any other member by mutual agreement. We offer multiple capacities between 100Mb and 100GigE. We also allow link aggregated 1GE and 10GE ports by arrangement.
The fees for ports are as follows:
Prices & Services
Members can connect to multiple LINX peering LANs without needing to pay additional membership fees.
|Monthly Port Fees|
(see note 1)
|No charge (see note 3)|
|10GE||$500 (see note 5)|
1. All new sub 10GE ports will be provided as 1GE; smaller port sizes are now deprecated and no new ones will be supplied, unless connecting via a ConneXions partner.
2. The first port of this size is at no charge; the indicated price in [square brackets] is for second and subsequent ports of this size on the same LAN.
3. We will eventually use the same approach for 1GE port prices at IXScotland, IXCardiff and LINX NoVA as we do for IXManchester, but this will not apply in 2017.
4. We will eventually charge the same price for 10GE ports at IXScotland and IXCardiff as we do for IXManchester, but this will not apply in 2017.
5. Any member taking a 10GE port at LINX NoVA will not be charged for that port until they are doing more than 1GE of traffic. In the interest of simplicity and standardisation, traffic will be measured in 5 minute intervals and billing will be triggered when traffic at the 95th percentile exceeds 1,000Mbps. At this time, the member will be billed for the port as listed in the service fees less any promotional discounts. Ports will be charged at 50% of list price.
6. All members can connect to any LAN for no further membership fee.
7. 100GE availability is dependent on location. Please enquire at email@example.com
Each port order or port move has an installation charge.
You can find further detail of this service on our Private Peering page
Telehouse North, East and West: £1600 per 8 pairs of fibre
TelecityGroup Sovereign House: £3000 per 6 pairs of fibre
These fees are one off charges and include patching between members connected in the same site.
To enable private peering between Telehouse North, Telehouse East and Telehouse West a cross connect is required between the LINX PI ODF in each site.
1 single mode fibre pair between Telehouse North, Telehouse East and Telehouse West:
Annual recurring charge: £2400
Note that, as with all LINX services, this may not be used as part of your backbone and is reserved for traffic between two members.
To ensure high quality peering each port is expected to run at no more than 80% utilisation on average. If a port exceeds 80% on average over a month there will be a port congestion charge applied.. LINX staff will endeavour to notify members if they are approaching this utilisation, however members are expected to be aware of their own utilisation using real time usage graphs provided by LINX and their own systems.
Route Server and Time Service
The LINX route server and time service facilities are both provided for members free of charge. For details please see additional services.