We will retain your data until your company is clearly no longer likely to be joining LINX or until we are made aware that you no longer work for your company. If your company becomes a member of LINX, we will then hold your data on the terms described under “For Members of LINX”. When changes are made to this statement, we will publish the updated version to our website and notify you by other communications channels as we deem appropriate or necessary.
The controller for your personal data is the London Internet Exchange Ltd, Trinity Court, Trinity Street, Peterborough, PE1 1DA, United Kingdom. The person responsible for data protection at the time of issue, and the person who is responsible for monitoring compliance with relevant legislation in relation to the protection of personal data, is Howard Fisher. You can contact us in this regard by emailing email@example.com.
The legal basis for processing your personal data in respect of (1) above is that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, where we have concluded that our interests do not impact inappropriately on your fundamental rights and freedoms, except where elsewhere in this statement we have indicated otherwise.
Where we also hold your data in respect of (2) above The legal basis for processing your personal data is that you have given your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time in respect of (2) by contacting us.
You may ask us to explain our rationale at any time.
We collect and process your personal data, as specified below, for a number of purposes, including:
- to contact you in connection with your company’s prospective membership;
- where you have given your explicit consent, to advise you of events and activities that will be of interest to a company considering joining LINX;
- depending on the role you carry out, this may include technical, sales, satisfaction and governance matters.
- Where you have provided us your personal details directly, the details will include your name, job title, email address(es), contact address and phone numbers you have provided to us, together with details of the role you carry out in connection with the prospective membership.
- Where your details have been provided by another representative of your company, unless you later provide further details, we will only keep on record your name, job title, email address(es), contact address and phone number, together with details of the role you carry out in connection with the prospective membership.
- We have subsidiary companies London Internet Trading Limited and LINX America Inc with whom we share your data. LINX America Inc operates in the USA.
- The provision of your personal data was not part of a statutory obligation or a contractual obligation with you.
- No decisions are automated within the scope/meaning of the GDPR.