Relationship with members
The relationship between LINX and its members is governed by a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
The MoU is not negotiable and is signed in its current version by all new members. Potential members are welcome to suggest changes, but these would need to be ratified by LINX members or staff as appropriate. The MoU underwent a major revision in 2009 to provide greater clarity and relevance.
Further Governance Documents
The following documents are only changeable at a LINX member meeting by consensus of LINX members, because they directly govern the relationship between LINX and its members. See MoU section 15.1.
- Dispute Resolution documents the service that LINX will provide in the unlikely event that a dispute arises between two or more of its members.
- Appeals Procedure details the procedure that will be followed in the event that an organisations, whose membership has been terminated due to non-compliance (as defined in the MoU), wishes to appeal.
Governance documents changeable at a General Meeting only
The following documents are only changeable by LINX members at a General Meeting but do not directly affect the relationship between LINX and its members (see MoU section 15.2.1).
- Company Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- The Partnership Programme which forms the basis of the contractual relationship between LINX and its Partners
- Associate Membership Terms and Conditions detailing the conditions under which an organisation may become an Associate Member of LINX and the conditions governing the relationship between LINX and an Associate Member. [note: this document is in PDF format]
Governance documents changeable by LINX Staff
These documents are generally intended to collect information from LINX members (where that information is required by the MoU) and/or refer to an internal policy of which LINX members should be aware (and whose content might be governed by conditions placed on LINX by its suppliers). See MoU section 15.2.2. These documents can be changed by LINX staff and include:
- Corporate Identity Guidelines which define the acceptable use policy of the LINX logo.
- Services Definition & Fee Schedule provides a list and a description of the services that will be provided by LINX to its members, and the associated fees.
- Public Affairs Services Definition details the Public Affairs services that will be provided by LINX to its Members. These services were previously termed Non Core Activities.
- Joining Procedure document, which details the steps needed to become a LINX member.
- Application Form the completion of which is the first step to becoming a LINX member.
- Connection Form which an organisation must complete after an application has succeeded in order to provide LINX details of the organisation and the services it proposes to take from LINX.
Governance documents to aid administrative and corporate procedures
- Corporate Representation Form which identifies which people can act on the member's behalf in General Meetings of LINX.
These documents are needed to ensure that LINX procedures are appropriate in UK law and normal company operation.
Memorandum of Understanding
Version 16.01 - 22nd November 2016
Memorandum and Articles of Association
Version 17.01, dated 21st November 2017 (Adopted by Special Resolution dated 21 November 2017)
LINX Board of Directors
LINX is governed by the Board of Directors - consisting of the chief executive officer, the Board chairman, six non-executive directors elected by the members, and up to three executive directors appointed by the Board.
LINX Accounting Policy
This document, detailing the LINX Accounting Policy to be adopted for the current billing period, is updated and published to Members prior to each quarterly invoicing period (that being January, April, July, October).
Service & Fees
The following document defines the services provided by LINX to its members and the fees payable for those services for the period 1st January to 31st December 2018. Payment terms and options available to LINX members are defined in the LINX...
LINX General Meeting Minutes
Minutes of formal LINX AGMs and EGMs