Colocation helps businesses maintain access to their IT infrastructure while offloading management overheads, and cooling and power costs.
Colocation with LINX offers all those benefits, plus a single place for you to host your infrastructure and connect to the UK’s leading internet exchange and interconnection platform.
Benefits of colocation
- Consolidate costs through one service fee instead of paying separate costs for cooling and power
- Reduce risk with 24/7 security, managed access, and a reliable, maintained and monitored climate-controlled rack space
- Maintain consistent service levels with a fully-resilient, high-availability power infrastructure
Why colocate with LINX?
- Get more flexible colocation options – we negotiate on behalf of members to get them exactly what they need – from quarter racks to full, dedicated suites.
- Bring your infrastructure and connectivity together – put your hardware and connectivity in the same place for easier management, peering with other LINX members and direct connectivity to Cloud Providers and many other services
- Simpler support and service – with just one number to call, you get faster resolution to any issues and can seamlessly scale services up and down.
LINX colocation services include:
- Rack space
- Cross connects
- Remote hands
- Managed access
LINX can provide any cross connects members need to connect their colocation racks to the LINX exchange or other locations within the data centre. Members can order these through the LINX portal and we’ll co-ordinate with your data centre as needed.
LINX colocation services are currently available at:
- LON1 and LON2 – Equinix Slough, all Telehouse facilities and Digital Realty LON1, LON2 and LON3 Hanbury Street facilities
- LINX Scotland – Pulsant South Gyle
- LINX Wales – BT Stadium House
- LINX Manchester – M247
Our data centre locations offer remote hands services. These include simple technical functions like visual checks and powering equipment off and on.
Members can order a remote hands service through the LINX NOC, but they must be registered with LINX and be authorised to raise orders. Each data centre has its own charging scheme, so prices may vary.
Security is always a top priority for our data centre partners – especially when it comes to who has access. To ensure we keep colocation sites safe, members must book access to LINX colocation sites through their NOC.
LINX holds a list of member-nominated individuals that require access, and those members must give 24 hours’ notice before they arrive on-site and produce some form of photo-ID to gain access.