The LINX112 member meeting will take place as a virtual meeting on
What to expect from our virtual meeting.
- This time LINX112 is a Zoom meeting rather than a webinar which will aid interactivity and enable attendees to see others watching in
- We have introduced a 15-minute coffee break with different rooms where people can chat and talk on different topics
- We will have our usual LINX presenters and external presenters for this meeting
We encourage all attendees to give their feedback after attending the event. During the afternoon a link will be posted to the LINX112 survey. Attendees who complete the form will be entered into a prize draw for an Amazon voucher worth £100.
In Meeting Protocol
- We will be running a waiting room for added security so please log into the meeting 10-15 minutes before the meeting is due to start. When logging into the meeting, please use your FULL NAME. We will not allow anyone into the room with a singular name or abbreviations of their name.
- If you’d like to ask a question or make a point, ‘please hold up your hand’ and the moderator will invite you to unmute and ask your question.
- Should there be any issues entering the meeting, please contact Marketing@linx.net.
For LINX112 we will be providing an online booking system whereby delegates can arrange peering meetings with one another in a dedicated meeting area. Everyone registered for LINX112 who ‘ opted in’ to the meeting tool will receive email notification with details of how to access the facility.
The tool will be available for the normal two-day duration of a LINX Meeting (Thursday 18th February from 8:00 am GMT until Friday 19th November 23:00 GMT) so take advantage of the 24/7 meeting slots and book a meeting!
If you joined the tool for LINX110, your credentials will stay the same. If you are new to the tool, you will be sent a code to register in a few days.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check this page again soon for further details and updates.
- Welcome & Introduction by moderator
- Operational and stats update
Consultation on MoU change
LINX Product Update
- LINX Portal Preview
- LINX Interconnection product updates including:
- Larger Frame sizes for PVLAN and Closed User Group
- PVLAN based products for LINX Manchester and NoVA
Africa’s Cloud and Content Evolution
Africa’s cloud and content market is still very young however there has been a huge increase in usage over the last couple of years, especially in 2020. This talk will focus on key infrastructure initiatives which have occurred to keep many African countries online during 2020 and beyond.
Breakout Session Preview
Breakout session starts
- NaMeX room (ServiceDB Portal)
- NAPAfrica room (Africa’s Cloud and Content Evolution)
- Cloud/Edge room
Public Affairs Update
Malcolm Hutty provides a briefing on several major new pieces of legislation affecting network providers and the Internet industry
LINX Technology Update
- Operational Issues on the Exchanges (Anne Bates)
- Exchange Platform Projects, EVPN on LON1, LINX Manchester and LINX NoVA (Mo Shivji)
- Portal Development, Automations, Workflows and Systems Development (Riccardo Verzeni)
Richard Petrie with Anne Bates, Mo Shivji and Riccardo Verzeni
LINX Reseller Awards
- Open chat in main room
- More breakout rooms for LINX Staff including Technology and Public Affairs