The LINX113 member meeting & AGM will take place on Zoom on
Registration for the LINX113 member conference has closed. Please email email@example.com to register.
What to expect from our virtual meeting.
- This time LINX113 is a Zoom meeting rather than a webinar which will aid interactivity and enable attendees to see others watching in
- We have introduced a 15-minute coffee break with different rooms where people can chat and talk on different topics
- We will have our usual LINX presenters and external presenters for this meeting
Annual General Meeting
The AGM will commence at 12:00pm BST prompt.
Please note this meeting will include constitutional voting, therefore we ask as many of you as possible to take advantage of our online voting when it becomes available. Again, more details of this will be sent to you nearer the time and we will also send further reminders regarding voting.
More information on General Meetings can be found here.
An election for two seats on the LINX Board will be held on 25th May 2021 following the Annual General Meeting in accordance with Article 43 of the Company Memorandum and Articles of Association. Two members of the Board are retiring by rotation – one is eligible to stand for re-election, the other Board member has reached the maximum allowed tenure of nine years and will therefore not be standing for re-election.
Further details on the election can be found here.
We encourage all attendees to give their feedback after attending the event. Attendees who complete the form will be entered into a prize draw for an Amazon voucher worth £100.
A link to the survey will be given out during the meeting and sent out in an email to everyone who attended the event.
The closing date for feedback to be included in the draw is Tuesday 8th June 23:59 BST.
In Meeting Protocol
- We will be running a waiting room for added security so please log into the meeting 10-15 minutes before the meeting is due to start. When logging into the meeting, please use your FULL NAME. We will not allow anyone into the room with a singular name or abbreviations of their name.
- If you’d like to ask a question or make a point, ‘please hold up your hand’ and the moderator will invite you to unmute and ask your question.
- Should there be any issues entering the meeting, please contact Marketing@linx.net.
All times are BST.
Welcome & Housekeeping
Video not available
As this meeting is running over lunchtime, we will not be hosting breakout rooms
The UIXP: Past, Present, and Future
The UIXP is one of the oldest IXPs in Africa. Since its founding in 2001 it has developed into one of the most successful Internet exchanges in East Africa. However, its journey was not easy and the future remains uncertain. This talk will discuss the UIXP’s history, some of the challenges it has faced along the way, and its outlook for the future.
Video not available
The Uganda Internet eXchange Point