2022 Services & Fees
The LINX membership fee is £100 per month.
Port Access Fee & Peering Fees
Monthly Port Access Fees
From 1st January 2022, LINX will introduce a port access fee for each physical port purchased on any peering LAN.
|Port Size||Monthly Fee|
* The port access fee for the first 10GE port on each LAN is considered covered by the membership fee; the indicated price is for the second and subsequent ports of this size on the same LINX LAN.
Monthly Peering Fees
Once a member has purchased a port, they can then add a peering service to that port. The fee will relate to the bandwidth of peering services provisioned on the physical port. Members can only purchase one peering service per physical port.
|Port Size||LON1||LON2||LINX Manchester||LINX NoVA||LIX Scotland||LINX Wales|
** The first 1Gbps peering service on each LINX LAN is included in the membership fee, these prices are for additional 1Gbps services on additional 10GE ports
*** Members who are interested in 400G at any of the other LINX locations, please contact our sales team.
See some examples here of how the new 2022 pricing is built. The £100 per month membership fee is charged in addition to these examples;
- First 10GE Port on LON1
- Port Access Fee (incl in membership fee) + 10GE Peering Service (£384) = £384 per month
- 100GE Port on LON1
- Port Access Fee (£320) + 100GE Peering Service (£2293) = £2613 per month
- 100GE Port on LON2
- Port Access Fee (£320) + 100GE Peering Service (£1247) = £1564 per month
- First 10GE Port at LINX Manchester
- Port Access Fee (incl in membership fee) + 10GE Peering Service (£106) = £106 per month
- First 10GE Port at LINX NoVA
- Port Access Fee (incl in membership fee) + 10GE Peering Service ($209) = $209 per month
Why Make Changes?
In recent times we have started to offer additional interconnect services for our members, such as private VLANs and the LINX Closed User Group services.
We are also preparing to start offering further additional services such as cloud access and a marketplace. All these services are being added to the product portfolio to ensure that we continue to provide a complete interconnect offering, and offer relevant value to all our members, as the interconnection market evolves.
This means that starting January 1st 2022, we will charge a “port access fee” based on the physical port provisioned, and for peering services an additional “peering service” fee based on the bandwidth of peering services provisioned on the physical port. If additional services such as LINX Private VLAN or cloud access are provisioned on the same port, these will be charged in addition, according to that service’s fee.
The introduction of separate port access and service fees also gives us more flexibility in pricing each of these services to ensure we can deliver value across the various capacity sizes for all members.
Hear more from LINX CEO Kurtis Lindqvist on the new pricing model.