Due to the current situation we are no longer able to host our next Member Meeting in person.
The LINX109 member meeting and AGM will take place as a virtual meeting on Wednesday 6th May 2020 starting at 2pm.
Annual General Meeting
The AGM will commence at 2:30pm prompt.
Please note this meeting will include constitutional voting, therefore we ask as many of you as possible to take advantage of our online voting when it becomes available. Again, more details of this will be sent to you nearer the time and we will also send further reminders regarding voting.
More information on General Meetings can be found here.
Registration for the LINX109 virtual meeting has closed.
The link has been sent to all attendees to join the meeting. If you have not received this, please email email@example.com
We encourage all attendees to give their feedback after attending the event. During the afternoon a link will be posted to the LINX109 survey. Attendees who complete the form will be entered into a prize draw for one of four £25 Amazon vouchers.
An election for three seats on the LINX Board will be held on 6th May 2020 following the Annual General Meeting. Two seats are vacant due to two Board members retiring by rotation and one from a Board member resignation. The appointment to replace the board seat vacated by resignation will be for two years (the balance of Simon Woodhead’s term of office, as per Article 44), and will be allocated to the candidate with the least number of votes out of the three candidates with the highest votes.
Further details on the election can be found here.
LINX understand how important members consider the networking opportunities that come with our member meetings. With more and more conferences being staged online we didn’t want to lose that aspect of our events which is why we have collaborated with DJs in Tech to organise a special online social to go with the upcoming LINX109 virtual member meeting.
The virtual social will be broadcast by live stream on YouTube from 16.15 BST on Wednesday 6th May via the following link:
In Meeting Protocol
- If you’d like to ask a question or make a point, ‘please hold up your hand’ in the virtual or type your question on the Q&A tab.
- To speak in the virtual meeting you will be made to be a panellist by the host. This could take a few moments, so please bare with us until you are added to the session.
- Presentations will be available on the website www.linx.net/LINX109 after the meeting has concluded.
- We will look to record the virtual meeting and make it available on the LINX109 webpage.
Please note: This is a draft agenda. Please check this page again soon for further details and updates.
LINX Technology Update
- Update on Peering LANs, traffic, availability, stability and how are the coping with the increase in traffic demand
- How LINX technology are adapting to the Coronavirus impact and still delivering new services to members
- Projects expected to complete between LINX109 and LINX110
- Update on Route Servers, (RPKI, Automation and Looking Glass)
Panel Session – Network Operations under Coronavirus: Operational Challenges and Government Oversight.
Hosted by our Head of Public Affairs, Malcolm Hutty explores the operational challenges and government oversight in the current pandemic with industry panellists.
- Malcolm Hutty – Moderator
- Mark Pestridge – Telehouse – Sales Director
- Neil McRae – BT – MD Architecture & Strategy, BT Group Chief Architect
- Tom Rigg – B4RN – Chief Operating Officer
- Dave Freedman – Claranet – Group Network Engineering
End of LINX109 virtual meeting