The LINX108 member conference and EGM will take place at the Park Plaza Victoria, in London on Monday 24th February 2020.
For LINX108 we will again be using a system whereby delegates can arrange 30 minute peering meetings with one another in a dedicated meeting area. Everyone registered for LINX108 will be subscribed to the online meeting tool and will receive email notifications from email@example.com with details of how to access the facility. The email will also the option to unsubscribe from the tool.
The LINX108 attendee list for this event will be viewable on the LINX member portal once registration is live.
Please note that a member log-in to the portal is required to gain access.
We provide wireless connectivity (ssid=linx) during the event. Search for the ‘linx’ network and key the password ‘linx-meeting’. Please don’t hack, snoop, or otherwise do anything that would detrimental to other users.
The draft agenda will be published around 6-8 weeks before the event.
- Unlike previous events LINX108 is a one day meeting with a networking social on the Monday evening
- The Park Plaza Victoria is a no smoking zone and in the event of a fire alarm, please vacate the room by the nearest marked exit
- Members are encouraged to provide lightning talks on their networks with these often taking place before a refreshment or lunch break. Please speak to a member of the LINX team if you would like to get involved in this
- Refreshments will be available from 9.30am for the pre scheduled peering meetings with a light lunch scheduled at 1.00pm
- The meeting commences at 10.00pm with day one closing at approximately 6.00pm
- The official event social begins at 6.30pm at a location to be announced
In Meeting Protocol
- If you’d like to ask a question or make a point, please hold up your hand and please wait for the microphone to be provided by a member of staff, then state your name and question.
- If you would like to ask a question anonymously, please direct it to a member of LINX staff who will handle this for you.
- There is an active IRC channel for in-meeting chatter (#linx on london.terahertz.net); webcast watchers can use this to ask questions of presenters; we’ve published a guide to using this, which is linked from the main LINX108 meeting page.
- Please ensure that the meeting is not interrupted by mobile phones & laptop noises!
- Presentations will be available on the website www.linx.net/LINX108, so please use that for reference rather than trying to access the webcast from within the room.
Webcast for Members
If you are unable to make the conference in person we provide a webcast service. Members will be able to access the webcast via the ‘events’ section in the LINX Member Portal (log-in required).
LINX has been webcasting its member meetings for 15 years since LINX41 in May 2003. The service, which is provided by LINX member Bogons, is an excellent way for LINX’s global membership to follow conference proceedings if they are unable to make the event in person.
To view example footage please watch our video.
We encourage all attendees to give their feedback after attending the event. During the afternoon a link will be posted to the LINX108 survey. Attendees who complete the form will be entered into a prize draw for one of four £25 Amazon vouchers.